Wednesday 29 August 2012

Pleated Skirts

My outfit today, I'm rather pleased with: 

Image 1 of ASOS Bow Front Turban Hat

ASOS Bow Front Turban Hat. I do love my hair accessories and most of all- bows!!


Marc by Marc Jacobs L'Amour Fou Delicate Necklace- off ShopBop.com. This is quite a simple and delicate piece and I could wear it almost every day. If you don't like wearing too much jewellery- it's perfect for you.


Image 1 of ASOS Trapeze Top with Broderie Trims
ASOS Shirt with Broderie Trim- (sold out on asos.com). I'm actually wearing a light pink cardigan with white polka dots over this top. The collar is quite big so it's really very cute on. I've tucked it into the Whistles skirt below.


Image 4 of Whistles Carrie Pleat Midi Skirt
Whistles Carrie Pleat Midi Skirt- almost sold out on asos.com. This was my first Whistles purchase- I absolutely love it. 

Image 1 of ASOS Faux Fur Short Cuffs 
ASOS Faux Fur Short Cuffs- I put these on over the cuffs of my black MICHAEL by Michael Kors trench coat. It was just the right touch I think. 



 
Marc by Marc Jacobs Ballet Flats. Available on endless.com (sold out in rose gold). I bought these because some mornings I don't have enough time to change my handbag to match my shoes and my outfit. With these, I can wear them with almost anything. On the plate is actually silver so if there is silver detailing on my handbag- I can still wear them (yes, I consider every detail) so they're great. They're much higher cut at the front than my other Marc by Marc Jacobs ballet flats- but all the same after a couple of wears they're perfect! 


So after amusing myself wearing this beautiful skirt- I have another confession. I just can't get enough of these pleated skirts. I bought a couple from the brand Hi There by Karen Walker and a few from Alannah Hill (alas they are not available online but have a look at her website anyway because I love her stuff!! http://alannahhill.com.au/) and most recently I simply had to have another Whistles skirt (below). Here are a few more that I came across online...



MICHAEL Michael Kors Collection Pleated Skirt
MICHAEL Michael Kors Collection Pleated Skirt- off Bloomingdales.com. One simply can't resist a printed pleated skirt, surely? I like the longer lengths too, they're quite fun. I bought a maxi jersey dress off Shopbop.com earlier this year by Heather- Absolutely gorgeous fabric! And I was rather surprised at how easily I could either dress this up or down. Above it is with flat sandals, but I wore mine on a colder evening with my flat black Chelsea boots and a short jacket. I'd do the same with this too for a trans-seasonal look. 


Marc by Marc Jacobs- Tara Tonic Pleated Skirt off SaksFifthAvenue.com. I love the two tones in this skirt- Black & White. I couldn't imagine that you would ever have any problems finding something to wear with it! If you're looking for your basic skirt with a twist, this is it. 


Image 3 of Whistles Lottie Skirt in Luna Print
Whistles Lottie Skirt in Luna Print- off asos.com. I bought this last week and I can't wait to see the colours when it arrives!


kate spade new york pleated skirt
kate spade new york pleated skirt off nordstrom.com. This is actually 40% off at the moment so hurry, hurry! I really think one needs a bit of katespade-ness around them. Everything is just so fun and so colourful. I'm actually looking at another kate spade handbag at the moment but so many amazing bags to choose from! The Quinn, the Bow Bridge, Primrose Hill, Florence, Little Kennedy?! They are all fantastic- I love my Blaine Ostrich Embossed Leather handbag. Such a great size and so incredibly light to carry! I even advised my sister to purchase a kate spade handbag and she bought the Maryanne tote (below) which I loved but was concerned about the weight of the chain straps. To my surprise they were not heavy at all. 

Kate Spade Gold Coast Shimmer Maryanne Tote

Back to my main point- love what you wear, wear what you love. Look out for prints, pleated skirts and all things kate spade. 


Happy Shopping!!
- Bianca & Orlando :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment